General Category > AN Issues

Did anyone's Tinnitus go away after Translab surgery????

(1/3) > >>

Monie:
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has experienced loss of tinnitus after translab surgery? My surgeon suggested there is a 50% chance this may happen....He doesn't think 50% is a good enough number to warrant surgery just yet (my T is 1.2 x 1 x .7 cm) and I have already gone nearly completely deaf on the side of the tumour)... he really believes in the conservative approach particularly because of my age and the fact I have two small children. I OK with the idea of waiting (sort of) because I am so terrified of the surgery and the possible aftermath.
Thoughts?
x Monie

Yvette:
Hi Monie,
 That is odd. My tinnitus came after the translab. In the hospital I had crickets chirping, an annoying little boy with a toy plane on the end of a string goin' round and round, and finally the ocean roar. Now 3 mos post op, I have the ocean most of the time to some extent, but I try not to focus on it. Thankfully the little boy took his plane and went home and the crickets followed him! Best wishes, I don't think the docs really know too much about tinnitus anyways. Yvette

Boppie:
Monie, Before surgery I had only buzzing at night.  Post op I have definite, hissing, ringing, and buzzing tinnitus.  I noticed this from the 4th or 5th day post op.  It doesn't change, it stays there.  I ignore it.  Sometimes I go into a quiet room and it is better.  So, the tinnitus is related to sound for me.

Bigbear:
Greetings and Peace from Duxbury

My little 'friend' is about 3mm X 4mm in my left ear, and is causing such intense, screaming noise that I am wondering how long I will be able to stand it.  I am of such compassion with all sufferers of tinnitus (as well, of course, as with the remaing world of sufferings)!

So, first of all, I send you prayers for recovery and relief. 

I am newly diagnosed with this mighty small AN (compared to many), and through this great resource I am diggin my way through the "what next"? I have been to see Dr. Black (B&W) who sez (a) watch & wait, (b) if anything, radiosurgery and (c) there's only a 50% chance that the tinnitus will be mitigated.

I am not thrilled with those odds.

I am walking the alternative medicine path aas well, although my most trusted accupuncturist told me yesterday that while accupuncture is quite good at many things, tinnitus isn't one of them (neither tumor removal!).  Obviously, this is a very individual treatment, as it may work wonders for some. 

Keep the Faith

Bigbear

Joef:
I was told it would stay the same for most people (and it did) . there is a change it could go away... or get worse! ...  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version