Author Topic: Temporary hearing device  (Read 3013 times)

gunns

Temporary hearing device
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:46:19 pm »
Had surgery on 25 July 2017.  I'm now SSD (left side). Also have high frequency loss in right ear. As normal the VA is dragging their feet in getting me fitted with hearing side. They haven't even read my post-op audiogram yet. I'm told it "should" be done this week. That say the earliest I could be seen for hearing aid fitting and selection would be mid November. That's two months away. AND to top that off it would be 4-6 weeks before I would get the hearing aids. Best case would make it January 2018!  In a quiet location I only get about 10 to 20% of the conversation. This is driving me nuts!

So...... my question is - is there anyone out there that has used a hearing inhancement device off the internet as a temporary fix until they get hearing aids and if so any recommendations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
Re: Temporary hearing device
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 11:11:53 am »
I am a Vietnam vet and I know how the VA works. Your congressman can be your best friend. If you REALLY think they are dragging their feet, go in person to your congressman's office and they can help get the ball rolling. You will need some facts like dates, names, etc.

We need to treat our vets great. You paid your dues. Good luck.