Author Topic: Advocating for cousin 1000 miles from me  (Read 9378 times)

Ernst52

Advocating for cousin 1000 miles from me
« on: September 08, 2017, 08:39:57 pm »

I am trying to find local advocate or info resources for my cousin. She is in clearwater fla.,  and I am in texas.

She is unable to navigate these complicated waters.
Among her many many issues is MRSA in her eye. Her weight fell out  which complicates matters.  Aside from her shunt of 8 years, hearing loss, facial paralysis  dizziness,  headaches,  depression, and cofusion and lethargy, I am most concerned with her EYE situation.

Are there state  or local recourse centers that I can contact or local chapters of some kind that could help me to help her? She is finally feeling better and I have to help her while she is strong enough to follow through

Her MRSA has been on going for years now  she tried picking an opthmologist out of the phone book  and don't think they knew what to do with her.

Please, if someone could throw us a lifeline...please please!

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
Re: Advocating for cousin 1000 miles from me
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 10:12:38 am »
Dear Ernst52,

I'm sorry to hear your cousin is having these issues.  ANA has resources on many of these issues that we would be happy to provide.  We also have some volunteers in her local area she can connect with.  The Sarasota support group meets November 4 and they are having a guest speaker from the Sarasota Retina Institute that may be helpful for her.  Please contact the ANA office and we'll be glad to help you get started.

Thanks,
Melanie Hutchins, Manager of Volunteer Programs
Email:  volunteers@ANAUSA.org
www.ANAUSA.org