General Category > AN Issues

Does Activity Increase Symptom Intensity?

(1/2) > >>

Sailfish:
My symptoms are pressure in ear, tingling in tongue, cheek, jaw and lips.  Maybe it's my imagination but it seems activity like long bike rides or working in the yard seems to intensify the symptoms.

Has anyone else experienced that? 

My tumor is 3.2 and needs to be removed.  It's cystic and has 5-6 pockets of fluid.  Some doctors say that is a good thing for removal. What have you heard?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts with me.  David Walker

ColleenS:
Hi David,  I never noticed symptoms worse with activity, but I did notice if I did activities in the heat - or sun, things were worse. I just did not feel well at all. This summer I have basically avoided the sun and outside activities. I am just a few months post op.

ANSydney:
This could be related to level of hydration. Drink a Gatorade (not water) and see if your symptoms improve, get worse or stay about the same.

kgs123:
ANSydney - is there research showing a link between the pain and dehydration or salt levels?

ANSydney:
No published research relating trigeminal pain to hydration level. We're doing it now.

The reason I asked is that a couple of weeks ago, I had the flu and vomited. I became dehydrated and drank water. The water just passed straight through. The pulsing trigeminal pain persisted. Got some Gatorade, pain went away almost instantly. Coincidence?

By the way, there is research on dehydration and swelling of brain cells, so there is some related research (a quick google search found lots of hits).

By the way, if we run a hundred of these experiments, one of them is bound to give us new information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version