General Category > AN Issues

New, Nervous, 62, many autoimmune issues

(1/1)

Shai:
Hello all, my name is Shai. I've been told I have an AN, mainly because through previous MRI's and MRA's w/o contrast everything else has been rulled out Not having contrast is because among many other issues, I have third stage kidney disease and hyperkalemia. (High blood potassium) But after much concentrated effort on my part my creatine levels have risen to acceptable levels and I have an MRI with contrast scheduled for next Wednesday.

I been suffering from severe bi-lateral Pulsatile Tinnitus since 2013. MRI and MRA without contrast found nothing. Recently I've lost my hearing in my right ear, am experiencing dizziness off and on, total lack of energy and some numbness on the right side of my face and tongue

My physician thinks I should do nothing to intervene in the tumors growth. With all the other health issues she doesn't think I'd survive surgery. I'm not sure myself as  have troubling getting enough energy to get dress s every day.

But giving up means certain death and I'm a fighter. I'm on medicare through Kaiser and certainly wouldn't want any surgery done there as they seem to have given up before we even begin.

Does anyone know of a case where surgery was performed and a health compromised older patient survived?  I have no idea whats going to happen after the MRI. None of the doctors I've seen over the years believes it's anything but an acoustic neuroma. Right now I'm just trying to help my kidneys so they don't go into failure after the MRI. I have a positive outlook and refuse to be talked into giving up. But I would like to know if anyone here has either been in my boat or knows of someone who has. Blessings to all in your own courageous battles.

ANSydney:
Welcome to the forum Shai. sad to hear about your conditions. If you tumor is large enough, I would have thought it would show up an an MRI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version