AN Community > AN Community

mgus

(1/2) > >>

paulinrio:
I had my acoustic neuroma surgery almost 4 years ago. I have now been diagnosed with mgus. I was just curious if any other patients have had the same situation. Thank you Paul Wasserman

ANSydney:
Paul, Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance or MGUS appears to be quite prevalent with the chances of getting it depending on age; 3% (>50), 5% (>70) and 7.5% (>85). As you know, an acoustic neuroma is much rarer at about 1 to 2 per 100,000 per year. Even if someone with an AN got MGUS, this would be expected in about 1 in 20 cases. The better search is those that have mgus that also have an AN; this would be more indicative.

My brief search does not show any association between an AN and mgus.

Hope your mgus does not progress to something to be worried about.

paulinrio:
Sydney, I apologize for not responding. Honestly, I have not spent much time on this site over te last year. I continue with a lot of balance issues and have been investigating alternative options. I live in Brasil, where care is lacking, but I am on an infrequent business trip in Central America. I am curious if you have ever heard of KAMBO. It is a treatment involving the use of the venom of Amazonian frogs and people who I have spoken to ,with other issues, have experienced great success with this approach. Just curious. I am in Guatemala, now, and return to Rio on Tuesday, when I will take new blood work to send to my oncologist at the Cleveland Clinic. I will investigate, for my curiosity, the people with MGUS, who may have AN. Thank you so much and again, sorry for the delay. All the best, Paul

chicagorose:
I was actually diagnosed with SMM, the intermediate stage between MGUS and MM, several years before being diagnosed with AN. There is no correlation between the two.

paulinrio:
How are you doing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version