Author Topic: Question regarding levaquin  (Read 3381 times)

Coletten

Question regarding levaquin
« on: March 23, 2017, 02:18:39 pm »
Hi, asking anyone here if they have taken levaquin in the past before developing their acoustic
Neuroma. Been doing some research and there is a small link.
Let me know! FDA says its probably under reported because people dont put the two together.
I know i did take levaquin in 2008 and then probably around 2010 the neuroma started developing.
Just interested.
2/23/15 3x3x4

JLR

Re: Question regarding levaquin
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:44 pm »
Hi that drug causes rapid heart rate. In fact a friend of mine was given that drug for her ongoing bronchitis. I researched and found it can cause heart problems. She took anyway because her doctor said no way. Well she developed heart problems it turned into Afib.  Anyway I didn't see anything regarding AN. Hope your feeling ok.

Coletten

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 03:05:11 pm »
Thanks for answering! I was doing some research and wondering if anyone else took it and then later on developed the an. I'm doing quite well! Surgery was last sept and recovery has been fantastic!
Hope you are well also!
2/23/15 3x3x4

JLR

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 03:29:01 am »
I'm glad your doing well. I'm pretty sure that medication doesn't cause AN.  AN often start (like mine) as a tiny shadow many many years before.  Mine started in 2000 as a shadow and was on WW for 10 years. Stay well. Joan

Sheryl

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 03:18:20 pm »
I'm pretty sure Levaquin is the same as Cipro which is a "big gun" antibiotic.  There are all kinds of cases pending against this drug.  Hubby took it for three weeks for prostate problems and developed severe muscle aches and pains.  Not sure all went away after he discontinued med.

Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W