General Category > AN Issues

any natural remedies to stop growth of AN?

(1/5) > >>

cedmonds:
I am interested to see if anyone has been trying natural medicine in hopes of stopping the growth of or shrinking an AN. Has anyone been successful? I am an acupuncturist and am hoping I can accomplish this but realize there is a small chance but still a chance. There are cases where the AN does not grow or actually shrinks. Does anyone have any stories to share or any natural remedies that may be helpful in accomplishing this? I am currently taking chinese herbs to break up tumors, doing acupuncture, taking concentrated green tea extract and curcumin and apricot seed kernels. I will also begin soon craniosacral therapy (my friend who is a pt knows people who say craniosacral therapy can shrink ANs). I tried medical CBD but it made me depressed so I stopped that. Just curious if there are any like minded people who have had success with any natural medicine. I've read about the NZ Bio30 Propolis but not sure if this works to shrink ANs on humans (read about it with mice). Of course, I realize surgery is very possible and I'm open to that if necessary. But I'm an optimist and would like to try some natural things while I'm in the watch and wait group in hopes of a miracle happening. Thanks for sharing.

researcher:
When I was first diagnosed with an AN my doctor recommended taking aspirin. I didn't try aspirin therapy since I chose surgery due to my many symptoms.

Here's an article that might support the aspirin theory.

http://www.hearingreview.com/2015/02/nsaids-may-halt-growth-vestibular-schwannomas/

Good luck to you!

ANSydney:
I'm taking 1/4 table of aspiring per day (75 mg/day). My first follow-up MRI (6 months) is on Saturday, so we'll see what the growth profile is beginning to look like.

It was my decision to commence taking aspirin. It is well tolerated and has other benefits to do with heart health. The only concern is gastric bleeding, which is why I take a quarter tablet rather than full strength per day.

sharonov:
I'm glad you posted this article about aspirin.  I shall begin with a baby aspirin tonight.

cedmonds:
Thanks so much. This is really helpful and I think I'll start taking aspirin. I was not totally clear what the difference is between aspirin, sodium salicylate (NaSal), and 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA). Any idea?  I imagine aspirin is the only one of these three that can be bought over the counter. To ANSydney, I'm hoping for good results for your MRI this Saturday. My 6 month follow up is in May. I'm curious to hear how things turned out for you. Thank you Researcher for sharing this article. I wonder if it makes a difference if we take baby aspirin vs. adult aspirin?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version