Author Topic: Hearing Loss Confusion Scared silly waiting for my MRI  (Read 4327 times)

Nichols5

Hearing Loss Confusion Scared silly waiting for my MRI
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:05:59 pm »
Hi I am due for an MRI on the 26th for pulsatile Tinnitus going on for about a year in my right ear. Doctor said he suspected a growth ( Tumor???)  I asked the ENT nurse today what my hearing loss results were and she said 21.66 per tone in my right ear and 13.33 in my left ear.  Can anyone help me out with what this means?  I see the big difference between the two ears

researcher

Re: Hearing Loss Confusion Scared silly waiting for my MRI
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 01:44:27 pm »
Hang in there!

I would call the ENT nurse and have her explain the different hearing levels stats. Also, ask for a copy of the report.

My AN symptoms were tinnitus in one ear and dizziness. You do have potential symptoms for an AN or maybe it's something else. The MRI will tell you. I hope you don't have to join our little club! :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:55:49 pm by researcher »

Nichols5

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:36:23 pm »
Thank you.  I am really scared as they have already ruled out everything but the AN or Glomulus tumor or brain vein issue.  You all seem so brave.

Janey

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:42:56 pm »
Yes, just hang in there as researcher advised.  You are at the stage of not knowing for sure what is going on, and hopefully you'll have answers very soon.  As for being brave - the support from each other is a strong, bolstering force.  May God bless your journey!

PaulW

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 04:46:27 am »
I think the nurse will be referring to your pure tone average. A score of 25 or less is considered within the normal range. The fact there is a slight difference between the two ears may indicate an issue but might be normal too..

10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!

Nichols5

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 11:47:34 pm »
Thank you.

Patti

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 07:58:28 am »

sorry for you feelings of anxiousness!  waiting and worrying is awful!  and there's nothing that will make you feel anxious free EXCEPT try to get out of your head as much as you can until, and after, the 26th.  go to the movies a lot.  Go out for breakfast, lunch and dinner at busy places that will distract you. go for walks, hikes,snow-shoeing. keep as busy as possible and sleep a lot!  good luck to you!  i need to listen to my own advice when check-up times come around!
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015