General Category > AN Issues

Large AN,just diagnosed

(1/3) > >>

riabovamd:
Hello,
I am a highly functioning physician, just recently find out why I am so dizzy and tired.  I have 4.7 right AN.  No wonder inversions with yoga and running/skiing are impossible. I overnighted MRI to House clinic, waiting on their  call.   How long it takes them  to call after that?  I am ready to fly from Detroit to LA, have that out.  Really have my mind on House clinic, hope they take large ones like mine. /Any experience with House clinic with large AN?

sharonov:

--- Quote from: riabovamd on January 16, 2017, 05:14:16 pm ---Hello,
I am a highly functioning physician, just recently find out why I am so dizzy and tired.  I have 4.7 right AN.  No wonder inversions with yoga and running/skiing are impossible. I overnighted MRI to House clinic, waiting on their  call.   How long it takes them  to call after that?  I am ready to fly from Detroit to LA, have that out.  Really have my mind on House clinic, hope they take large ones like mine. /Any experience with House clinic with large AN?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, my AN was smaller (1.7) but they do all sizes.  I chose Dr. Marc Schwartz largely because what I've read on this forum.  The advice is always to go with someone who has done a lot of AN removals, and Dr. Schwartz has done hundreds--probably in the last month! He's one of the gurus.  The other guru is only a few miles away, at USC Keck Clinic, Richard Friedman.  They used to work together, but Friedman moved to Keck so that he could do more research.

Please post after you hear what Dr. Schwartz has to say.  Wow, 4.7!
Sharon

MontanaWriter:
I was recently diagnosed here in Montana with an AN, only 1.6 cm, but my brother-in-law is an MD in MI, and his son had a glomas jugular successfully operated on at House Clinic, so he insisted I get in touch with House. The day after they received my MRI I heard from Dr. Wilkinson.  I'm scheduled for retrosigmoid surgery with him and Dr. Schwartz on March 1.  I'm sure they will be in touch with you very soon.

ANSydney:
riabovamd, welcome to the club that nobody wants to a member of, but everyone's friendly.

A 4.7 cm AN is large, however sometimes they include the intrameatal portion in the dimension which makes it sound larger. Do you have any other dimensions or description.

House using microsurgery do any size.

Regardless of whether 4.7 cm is with our without the intrameatal portion, your symptoms sound mild for that size.

Willbur:

--- Quote from: riabovamd on January 16, 2017, 05:14:16 pm ---Hello,

--- End quote ---

They get back to you pretty much right away. That is a very large AN. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis doc, but welcome to the club. Besides the dizziness and hard time yoga, running and skiing, what other symptoms did you experience? For me I woke up with sudden hearing loss and tinnitus.

I think you're making the right choice with HEI considering they are the most experience and crank out about 3,000 of these a year (can't remember exact number). Also, some people with larger tumors, especially in your size some of the doctors in other cities/states don't always take out the biggest portion, thus causing regrowth. There is no doubt in my mind that HEI is the place for you. I was going to have mine done there, but due to budget constraints I couldn't. Luckily the doc who is taking mine out studied and worked at HEI for a period of time so they know him and I trust him now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version