General Category > AN Issues

Opposite ear symptoms

(1/3) > >>

Willbur:
Since the days of my diagnosis I've noticed an increase in Tinnitus attacks on my left side. I've called my doc a few times that insist that many patients experience this. We've discussed the possibility of NF2, however he said that there is no AN on my left side, thus most likely I don't have it. Should I be concerned or should I listen to his advice?

arizonajack:
I don't know what to tell you. There is no cure for tinnitus. It's just something we all have to live with and get used to the best we can.

Tinnitus is often unrelated to ANs so if you don't have a second AN showing up on your MRI then it was just bad luck that you got it.

I've had tinnitus in my left ear since about 2002 in the form a tire eternally deflating.

Tinnitus in my right ear (AN side) started with the hearing loss in the AN ear.

The tinnitus in my left ear never changes but the tinnitus in my right ear changes the sounds periodically. You can read more about that in my odyssey at the link below.

At any rate, the tinnitus in both ears is minimal volume and easily ignored.

Willbur:

--- Quote from: arizonajack on October 31, 2016, 05:22:54 pm ---I don't know what to tell you. There is no cure for tinnitus. It's just something we all have to live with and get used to the best we can.

Tinnitus is often unrelated to ANs so if you don't have a second AN showing up on your MRI then it was just bad luck that you got it.

I've had tinnitus in my left ear since about 2002 in the form a tire eternally deflating.

Tinnitus in my right ear (AN side) started with the hearing loss in the AN ear.

The tinnitus in my left ear never changes but the tinnitus in my right ear changes the sounds periodically. You can read more about that in my odyssey at the link below.

At any rate, the tinnitus in both ears is minimal volume and easily ignored.

--- End quote ---

Glad to know I'm not alone. Both the surgeons suggested I shouldn't seek out or spend the money to get testing for NF2 as they said in their experience it does have to be bilateral and the chances of one growing on the opposite side are slim to none. I guess it is just the paranoia in me I suppose.

Willbur:
I was told that I should get an NF2 test since they said I'm really young to have an acoustic neuroma. I have one next week.

Kathleen_Mc:
Willbur: Told too young to have an acoustic neuroma ? Mine was diagnosed @ 23 and I had symptoms since around 17. Do you have any of the other "symptoms" of NF2 ? Any family history ?
Kathleen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version