Author Topic: Headache jewelry anyone????  (Read 4660 times)

Trinityfilled

Headache jewelry anyone????
« on: September 28, 2016, 09:35:06 pm »
Curious to know if anyone has ever tried any of those bracelets for pain?  Like either the raw amber or the magnet bracelets? And if you did try it, any success? I've heard people swear by them for things like carpal tunnel or fibromyalgia. I'm thinking I might give it a try since they aren't very expensive. Thoughts???
Diagnosed AN on 4/18/16, 3.6x3.4cm
12hr Retrosigmoid surgery 6/24 removed 85%
Second surgery, 6hrs, with Friedman & Schwartz at UCSD 8/7/18 for regrowth 3.3x1.5cm. Small portion left to preserve facial nerve.
8/15/18 CSF leak from incision after suture removal. Sutures replaced.

Trinityfilled

Re: Headache jewelry anyone????
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 07:06:15 pm »
I suppose I'm the first one to try it since I didn't get any replies lol. Well, I figured I'd give an update in case anyone else was interested.  I purchased a raw Baltic amber bracelet, and was highly skeptical, since, you know, it's a bracelet. I am pleasantly surprised to report that my pain has steadily been decreasing. The first 3 days I didn't notice any difference, but day 4 rolled around and I didn't need any pain meds! Prior to this, the longest I ever made it without a Tylenol or Advil was 24hrs. But I was typically averaging a med every 8-12 hrs. The longest stretch I now made was 56 hours! A new record. I have been wearing the bracelet for about 2.5 weeks now and have not taken any pain meds during the day for about 2 weeks. I take 1 Tylenol or Advil at bedtime and that's it! So now averaging only 1 pill a day, and sometimes less. And the best part is that when I do get a headache, it only ever gets as bad as 3/10, which before it was about 8/10 every time. Way more manageable.I have ordered a necklace also that should be arriving tomorrow, since my headaches originate in my neck and I was told the closer the amber is to the pain, the more effective. I hoping between the two, I will be headache free. And as an RN myself, I recognize this may just be a placebo, but I don't care, I'll take it!!!
Diagnosed AN on 4/18/16, 3.6x3.4cm
12hr Retrosigmoid surgery 6/24 removed 85%
Second surgery, 6hrs, with Friedman & Schwartz at UCSD 8/7/18 for regrowth 3.3x1.5cm. Small portion left to preserve facial nerve.
8/15/18 CSF leak from incision after suture removal. Sutures replaced.

bethtretrault

Re: Headache jewelry anyone????
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 05:40:56 pm »
I say if it works-do it. I might try it myself.
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015