General Category > AN Issues

Question/answer/thought!!???

(1/1)

lisab66:
I just had the most bizarre rung happen. While I know I have a 2.5cm tumor on the left side with a bunch of other symptoms and haven been able to hear very little out of the ear for a while. Tonight I sneezed and felt a sharp instant pain and something like a pop on the left side. I work at a hospital and listened to report tonight with my right ear block and for the first time in a long time was able to hear and understand almost the whole thing. I don't know what to make of this and I know I'm not nuts!!!  Thought?????!!!!!!

PaulW:
You are not going mad the same thing happened to me..
The only thing I can think of is that as an AN grows it often expands the bony internal auditory canal
When I look at my IAC it has grown from 5mm to 7mm I have often wondered if the pop in my head was the IAC fracturing under the pressure of the tumour..
How does a bony tube get bigger.. I assume it must be broken?
Once the pressure is releaved I assume there is less restriction on the nerve and increased blood flow to the cochlear

lisab66:
And my taste on the side seems to have improved too. There is not pain now just the initial sharp pain?!

PaulW:
No pain for me just a weird pop that wasn't the same as clearing your ears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version