General Category > AN Issues

CSF Leakage

(1/1)

MPF:
Hello -4 weeks post surgery with great outcomes with the exception of  still experiencing minor CSF leakage (or what they assume is although the CAT scan does not show any fluid). Have others taken a conservative approach (Flonase, antihistamines....) with success and if so, how long did it take? Has anyone tried other medications (e.g., Acetazolamide).

Thoughts most appreciated . Thank you, MPL

H.Savoy:
Hi, I developed a CSF leak within a day of returning from hospital in 2014.  They went back in to repair.  All seemed well (as well as it could anyway) until recently.  My left eye (affected side) still seems "stuffy" - like there's gauze or something in the socket, and when I push on my left ear (and sometimes not) I feel a drip start to develop in my left nostril.  My MRI checks out fine, and neither the neurosurgeon or ENT believe there is anything wrong.  I have not hear do fusing antihistamines to try and stop leaks, could you please give more information?  Thanks!

bobw2829:
I took Acetazolamide for weeks. Have not had any issues since. Been off Acetazolamide for at least 2 weeks now. The stuff dries you up. You have to drink lots of fluids while taking it. My CFS leak started at hospital but only consisted of a few drips out of the noise while leaning over. Not a severe case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version