Author Topic: 2 months post trans-lab - occasional foggy head  (Read 1890 times)

mag

• 1.7 cm. AN - translab March 21, 2016
2 months post trans-lab - occasional foggy head
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:06:05 pm »
I'm a newbie to this forum - had translab surgery at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN the end of March.  Dr. Carlson (ENT) and Dr. VanGompel (neurosurgeon) - great docs, have had a good recovery.  Of course, some vertigo and balance issues, but have been working thru those.  I'm back to walking 4-5 miles each am, and started back to my jazzercise class last week (just limiting myself to low impact) and started bike riding again this past weekend. 

My question is that I occasionally have what I call "foggy head/brain" often accompanied with a tight or vice type pressure at my temples and the back of my head.  I can go a couple of days without these issues, but then it suddenly will come and last most of the day.  It's almost like I'm dizzy inside my head.  Anyway, I wondered if others have this "crazy head" experience.  And how long does it last?  I know it's only been 2 months since surgery, so I'm hoping that this is short term.  Would appreciate hearing from others.
Mag -post translab at Mayo Clinic - Rochester MN.  Drs. Carlson (ENT) and VanGompel (neuro).  Great results!

NEbluebells

Re: 2 months post trans-lab - occasional foggy head
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:29:59 pm »
Mag, I am 22 days post op trans-lab, and while I haven't gotten the pressure yet, I get a weird balloon head feeling like my head is floating above my body.
Also, I am really impressed you are doing jazzercise and walking so much - that is amazing and you should be super proud of yourself! You are inspiring me to get off the couch/internet and go for my 2 mile walk!
2.2 x 1.9 x 0.9 AN diagnosed Mar 16
No sense in being pessimistic, it won't work anyway ;)
Translab at House May 16 - Couldn't have asked for better results!