General Category > AN Issues

regrowth

(1/1)

tenai98:
I had translab 7 yrs ago and have been fine since.  Two years ago there was slight growth but the doctor said it was probably scar tissue.  Now it has grow alot. Last august MRI findings were 20x15x14.  Recent one is 24x18x22.  Radiation is being scheduled as I type this.  But here is my problem.  About 3 weeks ago, I started have pressure behind my head causing headaches.  One doctor says its probably meningitis.  Had spinal tap last night.  Another doctor says its tumour related.   Guess I will be calling my ENT this morning.   I'm off of work for awhile now as this pressure in my head hurts to much when I turn my head right or left to check blind spots.  Driving instructor here.  My students lives are valuable, so I took myself off the job with the consent of my boss.   Now I need to redo my research on cyberknife which I will be having in a week or so

Patti:
I feel for you!  I am also dealing with a recurrence.  I have to be honest and say that I didn't do research.  I just brought my scans to my previous neurosurgeon and he brought the scans to a weekly brain tumor "think tank".  He put me in touch with a radio-oncologist at his hospital (Montefiore in NYC).  I had stereotactic radiosurgery on November 6, 2015.  My 3 month MRI showed no swelling and no growth.  I look forward to more good news in August.  I do get headaches and face aches and weird zaps of pain, but nothing that ibuprofen or alleve can't handle.  But the zaps of pain always remind me that there is something in my head!  They never let me forget!  I , probably like you, was all ready to forget the old tumor when i found the recurrence.  I am so sorry.  Apparently, you will find a lot of company here!

catlover:
Hello!
I also have regrowth of my AN. I had surgery 7 years ago and no regrowth after 3 years. Now another 4 years have passed and I have 2 small tumours, 1-2 mm and 3-4 mm at the endings of the original tumour. I går GK last Tuesday and fel fine but I'm so afraid that I will get facial parslysis in 3-6 months. My doctor told that the risks are larger after surgery. He said 2,5% would get facial paralysis that can't be repaired and I'm worrying that I will be among those. My surgery 7 years ago sent fine. I lost balance and hearing but had nothing with my face. Is there anyone who has done both surgery and GK and had approximately the same size of tumours?
Regards from Helene in Sweden

RhondaC:
Call me to talk.   If I don't answer I will call you back.  Rhonda

Moderator note:  I removed your phone number for your protection.  If someone would like to call you, they need to send you a private message to exchange your personal information.  CHD63

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version