Author Topic: Two days post Gamma Knife  (Read 9607 times)

jeeper182

Re: Two days post Gamma Knife
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 10:03:10 am »
Hi Janey,
                Glad to hear you are doing well. Unfortunately, I am not doing as well. In addition to the balance, wonky head, pressure in ear, lightheaded issues, I  have also developed some facial nerve issues. (Noticed when I couldn't spit my toothpaste out right). Also my eye doesn't close all the way. That has been very annoying since now I can't wear my contacts and have to deal with glasses. I haven't worn glasses for any length of time in 30 years and its driving me nuts. (I can have issues that only 1% of people get, but can't win the lottery, haha). I was prepared for everything but he facial nerve and I admit that it freaked me out a little bit although it has not been that bad.

Went back to dr Lunsford on 5-23 to review. He gave me another steroid pack hoping to help, but as we all know, its mostly just waiting it out. Also gave me drops & ointment for the eye and that is making it feel better. I also had some issues with driving. Hard to describe it, but it seems like my eyes were doing something strange.

I have been feeling a bit better. Less wonky & better balance. My hearing came back quite a bit, but then went away again. Feeling a little more lightheaded today & am wondering if the fluorescent lights might have something to do with it as it didn't seem as bad over the weekend.

Have a vacation scheduled starting 6-10 & am driving to Virginia Beach. Hopefully I will keep improving in that area. Still tend to get tired early in the evening, but that's a bit better too.

Luckily nothing else has gone wrong. You just never know from day to day. Will keep you updated.

Janey

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 09:42:02 pm »
Hi Jeeper182,

So sorry to hear of your issues.  The problems with your eye, the facial nerve involvement,
as well as the general aggravations of dealing with SSD, balance problems, lightheadedness, etc,
are surely discouraging.  I hope you will see some major relief of these symptoms soon.  As you
say, we just don't know what's coming day to day.

When you get to Virginia Beach, just sit by the ocean and breath that healing salt air!
Safe travels on your vacation - keep us updated. God bless!

MG

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 05:18:35 am »
Hi Janey,

Glad you had a nice trip and you were able to enjoy it!  :D   Keep us posted on your journey.

Take care,
MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

Bethdees1

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 02:05:54 pm »
I had Gamma knife 3 weeks ago for 6 tumors on my brain.The screw spots were sore but I have began losing hair in the back on the right side,its bigger than a silver dollar,but I feel sick,and am still having headaches. Any one else having these problems?