General Category > AN Issues

Just diagnosed yesterday.

(1/4) > >>

InnerGrace:
Hi...my name is Laura and I was diagnosed yesterday as having an acoustic neuroma.  It all started February 6th of this year when I had a sudden loss in hearing (mild loss) and tinnitus.  Looking back over the past year I can say that I've had balance issues but nothing that alarmed me.  Thought it was my shoes.  I really don't have a lot of details right now as I am just scared poopless and just trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is my life now...what I must deal with....I didn't know the questions to ask in my state of fear yesterday except if I'd lose my hearing.  That concerns me the most which seems silly....I should hear from my ENT today as to a date for a meeting with which will be my neurointologist.  I am in Pennsylvania an will be receiving any treatment in Pittsburgh.  Right now I'm just reaching out to where I can to find some peace/acceptance/knowledge...  I am 46 ... Single mom with 3 daughters at home...an older daughter that lives away with her daughter..(my little Harper)  I have my faith in God...but....still scared.

Janey:
Sorry to hear of your condition.  I am just now returning home from Pittsburgh after gamma
knife surgery with Dr. Lunsford.  I was terrified - but it was a very simple procedure.  The outcome
will unfold over time, but I'm going to remain positive that, eventually, all will be well.
You will learn much in the coming months from this forum, and depending on the size of
your tumor, you will have pleanty of time to research all the options until you decide on something
that seems right for you.  I have faith in God too.  Having faith isn't the absence of fear, but
trusting He is right there with you through every hurdle.  God bless you and may you be comforted
as you seek your path through this challenge. 

researcher:
I am sorry you had to join our AN club.

When I was diagnosed my youngest started wearing a butterfly necklace I had given her years ago. She was away at college and had to process that I had a brain tumor and would be having surgery. She told me that she felt that I was with her when she wore the necklace. You know this process is way too scary for us but worse for our loved ones. I think I had the easy part. My AN was big enough that I had to do something and I chose surgery.

Maybe it would help you and your daughters if you had matching necklaces. They could look at the necklace everyday and know you were thinking of them. Take care.

mcrue:

--- Quote from: InnerGrace on April 29, 2016, 06:15:40 am ---scared poopless

--- End quote ---

ewew.

InnerGrace:
I just ran to my ENT office and got my report.  When I found out  yesterday, I was in such shock that I didn't take the time to ask too many questions....however, I think he told me what size it was.. I just didn't get past the word tumor...  the tumor is 2.4 cm.  I'm not real sure where that puts me.. That is a lovely idea about the necklaces for my daughter.. or something similar.. it's going to be a bit tougher for us, I suppose, as I have 50/50 custody with their dad.. and we do week on/week off... they usually go back to him on Friday night's.. (tonight would be that Friday night) but he is letting them stay one more night as I don't really wanna be alone right now.    I am, too, sorry that I had to join the AN club.. but... it is what it is, and it's not something I can escape.  So I just need to start getting my head wrapped around it and getting myself informed.  Thank you for your replies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version