General Category > AN Issues

Am I the youngest patient? :(

(1/3) > >>

notsolucky:
Hello there,

I have been recently diagnosed with AN (12 mm) and I'm only 17. My physician and I came to a conclusion that WW would be the best option for now.

Is there anyone as young as me?

michellef08:
Hi,
I was 27 when diagnosed so am among the youngest. I have seen posts here about a toddler - like I want to say under 5 years old, and another little girl who I believe was in elementary school? So you aren't the youngest! Good luck!

Dr T:
I was 29 when diagnosed. My neurosurgeon told me that diagnoses are typically made with much older individuals. (Because of the slow growing nature of AN, symptoms that call for diagnostic imaging don't tend to show up till much later.) I would never have been referred for imaging if I had not made a seemingly innocuous comment to my dentist during a routine teeth appt.

notsolucky:

--- Quote from: Cityview on April 25, 2016, 05:26:03 pm ---notsolucky

Sorry that you have an acoustic neuroma.
Please keep in mind all the principles of internet safety as you are under 18.
Forums like this are not a reliable way to get medical information. Members talk about medical things but we are not always accurate.
Please rely on your parents/guardians and your doctor for that.
Not everyone on the internet is who they seem to be. There is no way to tell who members really are and whether or not they are "safe people."
Never give out your real name, address, phone etc. even through private messaging.
There is a lot of overwhelming information on this board. Rely on your parents for guidance.
I know most kids your age are really savvy about the internet, but please be careful.

--- End quote ---

Your response is appreciated! Thank you for your courtesy reminder.

mcrue:

--- Quote from: Cityview on April 25, 2016, 05:26:03 pm ---notsolucky

Sorry that you have an acoustic neuroma.
Please keep in mind all the principles of internet safety as you are under 18.
Forums like this are not a reliable way to get medical information. Members talk about medical things but we are not always accurate.
Please rely on your parents/guardians and your doctor for that.
Not everyone on the internet is who they seem to be. There is no way to tell who members really are and whether or not they are "safe people."
Never give out your real name, address, phone etc. even through private messaging.
There is a lot of overwhelming information on this board. Rely on your parents for guidance.
I know most kids your age are really savvy about the internet, but please be careful.

--- End quote ---

Riiiight, and be sure to look both ways (and get your parents permission) before you cross the street. I would think "kids" just months away from their 18th birthday can safely navigate the ANA website from the "many trolls" looking for "teens with tumors".

Anyhow, I found a young Canadian woman on YouTube, who I believe was 17 or 18, when she successfully had microsurgery. Her story is very inspirational.

Best wishes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCMSRBgJq58

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version