Author Topic: First BAHA Consult  (Read 3911 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
First BAHA Consult
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:07:41 am »
I’m scheduled for my first consult with an ENT for a possible BAHA this coming Friday. Tricare has pre-approved the procedure so I’m at least confident this can move forward when and if I’m found to be a good candidate. Fingers crossed. I’ve been SSD since the late ‘90s, long before my AN surgery in ’09.

Being able to hear on the left side again would be huge.

Take Care  ;)

Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Doc

Re: First BAHA Consult
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:54:43 am »
I’m getting a BAHA-5  :D - Procedure pending scheduling...can’t wait.

Take Care  ;)

Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

alabamajane

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 09:06:53 am »
Doc,
Congrats! I'm sure you will be very pleased once you get used to it.

I have had mine for little over a year (BAHA4 though) and am finally enjoying it. I had several adjustments before finally asking audiologist to send it back to see if it was working correctly. Cochlear replaced the transducer and it is so much better quality sound.

Sending best wishes to you!
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Doc

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 09:59:02 am »
Thanks, Jane.

Even though I’ve been SSD on the left side for years now, the wait is killing me now. Glad to hear you’re getting good results from yours.

I spend several days a month in Alabama on business...was there just last week on the ‘LA’ run in Elba, Dothan, Troy, and Montgomery on the way back to Atlanta. Great place for the all you can eat country buffets. I’m also a regular at ‘Skies and Kohn’ shoes on 231 between Troy and Montgomery...they run a big 20% off ‘Famous February Sale’ every years, and yes, I bought a pair.

Take Care  ;)

Doc

alabamajane

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 07:01:15 pm »
Not to hijack,,

But should have come on down to LOWER LA for Mardi Gras! Ended up today! Wooohoooo!!! ::) :-*

It is exciting too to hear again. I was only SSD for 3 years and it's not so bad,, but a good working/adjusted BAHA will really help you, I'm sure.

Let us know when you get it!!
Best!
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26