General Category > AN Issues

Am I just being impatient

(1/1)

bethtretrault:
Had retro-sig at mcv 11/3/15. I feel SO fortunate. No facial issues, some hearing left in AN ear and occasional double vision. The vertigo went away while on the Valium and I progressed in walking with a walker, to a cane to totally un -assisted  by the 3rd week. But then last week experienced a slow vertigo (room moves slowly)on awakening (been off the Valium since 11/25) and occasionally other times, then progresses to double vision then single after about 30 minutes. My balance seems worse too. I know valium stays in the system for a long time-can I attribute these symptoms to that? I feel tired like I used to feel pre-treatment after a vertigo episode. I felt better 2 weeks ago then I feel now. just a 3 steps forward one back thing? Anyone else experience this?

Tod:
Recovery is not always continuous improvement. Your body is making a number of adjustments to its new normal and some of these will be harder than others. Rest, walking, more rest, more walking, time, time, and time are the to recovery.

Be gentle with yourself and be patient.

-Tod

bethtretrault:
Thanks Tod!

CHD63:
Hi bethtretrault .....

Tod is correct!  Recovery is an up and down progress, with more ups than downs.  You may even plateau at some point and think it will be the new normal, but then improve more after that.

The important thing is to listen to your body.  If you experience more fatigue, eye, or balance issues, it may be because you need to rest more between exercising/activity.  Many times it is rest, rest, walk, rest, rest, walk until you are able to rest, walk, rest, walk and finally to walk, walk, rest, walk, walk, rest.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice

bethtretrault:
Thanks Clarice. I'm in a hurry to return to that normal. Sounds like more rest is in order.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version