Author Topic: Second AN on other side 6 months after Radiation for first AN  (Read 2915 times)

dominic12345

Second AN on other side 6 months after Radiation for first AN
« on: October 13, 2015, 03:11:52 pm »
I posed this here as well as the Radiation / Radiosurgery link, I'd like to hear from as many of you as possible.

Here's a question for all of you... how many of you have developed/discovered a second AN after Radiation for an AN on the other side?

Has anyone been to Mayo Clinic for post treatment of their AN, I'm headed there soon.

Anyone ever had there balance nerve disabled (not sure how it's done)  It was mentioned as an option/possibility.  Either way, how long would you wait to have this done or is there a benefit to waiting until your balance returns?

I am now dealing with AN's on both sides..... struggling with decisions on how to treat the second, not going so well on treatment with first.

to read the rest of my treatment story, I've posted in Radiation / Radiosurgery

Dominic

Cheryl R

Re: Second AN on other side 6 months after Radiation for first AN
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »
Another possibility of dr is going to Univ of Iowa and Dr Bruce Gantz.     I was found to have NF2 2-3 yrs after my first AN surgery.   I have had 3 tumors over time and surgeries for all.  I do still have hearing on one side.       Several yrs ago he said he had 25 NF2 patients and could be more by now.            I know it is very scary to find out about having ANs on both sides and need to have a very experienced NF2 dr.                         Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care