General Category > AN Issues

No longer using Transear. Can someone else use it?

(1/1)

Snoopy-16:
I purchased a TransEar 2 years ago (2013), but never really got on with it.
Im now looking at either a BaHa or CI, but my TransEar just sits in a draw, unused.

I was wondering if it could be recycled for someone else to use?

Does anyone know what would be involved in setting it up for someone else?
(and how much it would cost?)

I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

CHD63:
Hi Snoopy-16 .....

Although I admittedly know nothing about the TransEar system, I do know that my regular Widex air-conducted hearing aid that I used before becoming SSD was retrofitted for my husband to be able to use.  At $3,000 a pop, I was grateful.  His audiologist made a new mold to fit his ear and then re-programmed it for his needs and it has worked well for him.

Hope that info helps.  If you contact your audiologist, you should be able to get information on whether the TransEar can be retrofitted for someone else.

By the way, I love my Oticon Medical Ponto Pro bone-anchored hearing device for my SSD.

Clarice

leapyrtwins:
Doubtful.

I have a BAHA (just updated to the Cochlear BAHA 5) but I know a lot of people who wear a TransEar.

Fit is key when it comes to the TransEar operating well - since it's specifically molded to the inside of your ear.  Without a proper fit it doesn't work well.

They aren't really one size fits all.  The chance of someone else's ear being exactly like yours is slim.

But, it wouldn't hurt to take Clarice's suggestion and ask your audiologist.

Best,

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version