General Category > AN Issues

Possible ANA

(1/1)

DIZZYQUILTER:
Good morning.  I have serious hearing loss in my left ear-diagnosed by my medical doctor and by ENT, Audiologist.  A lump (about the size of 50 cent piece) on my head below my ear (glands have been ruled out).  Thickness on the left side of my neck from the nodule to the vocal chords.  All of this appeared after an extremely strange headache that just exploded in the back of my head one night about three weeks ago, or that was when I noticed it, then I was punch drunk and couldn't stand for about 5 minutes (they don't think it was a stroke).  Followed by a stiff neck (which is when I found the nodule), but may be entirely unrelated.  Both my father and my sister have had AN and have had them surgically removed.  My MRI is scheduled for next week.  Dr. prescribed taking Lipoflavin supplement for Tinnitus in my left ear.  Wondering if these stabbing pains on the left side of my head could be related.  I also am experiencing a bit of vertigo (although I thought my wobbling was just me-never been very graceful), and almost a flushing feeling intermittently throughout my days both in the front and on the back of my head.  I am feeling very anxious about this situation, because although neither my MD or ENT could find any reason for the hearing loss, they seem to want to brush it off.
 Thanks in advance

CHD63:
Hi DIZZYQUILTER and welcome to this Forum .....

So sorry you are having these troubling symptoms and doctors who seem to want to brush it off.

Some of your symptoms seem similar to AN symptoms, while others do not seem to be the usual pattern.  Given your family history of ANs, I can fully understand your concern.

Try to take a deep breath and wait until you have your MRI and results.  Hopefully your MRI will be ordered with and without contrast for the best pictures to find even a tiny AN, if it is there.

Please let us know what you find out and gather any more questions you may have.

Thoughts and prayers for an accurate diagnosis.

Clarice

arizonajack:
I agree that some of your symptoms are akin to Acoustic Neuroma but the location of a large lump below the ear doesn't track with ANs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version