General Category > AN Issues

Grateful Newbie

(1/1)

sunny:
Hi Everyone,

This is my very first post after weeks of reading about all of your experiences, recommendations, and recoveries. I wanted to tell each of you that has ever posted on this site that I am entirely grateful for this forum and your willingness to share and support one another. I don't know where I would be in my decision-making process if it weren't for this site and your generosity in sharing your experiences and opinions.

As you can see by my "signature," today was my first CK treatment at Stanford. I feel good. I feel confident that I made the right decision for me. I know that the next months and years could hold challenges (i.e. symptoms), but I accept that and will manage them day by day.

I am indebted to Francesco for his account of his journey, and especially his two phone interviews with Dr. Chang that are posted on his site.
Thank you to Tumbleweed, Bobette, ArizonaJack, and Paul W for all your posts.
And Jim Scott and CHD63, your kind and supportive words have let me see that there is genuine care and concern for all here.

I was in the enviable (?) position of choosing my own treatment, and then lucky enough to have Stanford Hospital within driving distance of my home. But before today, I interviewed other doctors, researched my treatment options, and spent hours and hours on this site and others before coming to a final decision.

Tomorrow is Day Two of my treatment, and I will say (to anyone curious) that today was not difficult at all, that I did not need to take anything to calm my nerves, and that I laid on the table and listened to my own playlist on their bluetooth for the 30 minute painless treatment.

I hope to post again after my treatment is complete, and also check in now and then during my recovery, share my experiences, and pay it forward.
Thank you all again, very much.
sunny

Janey:
Hi Sunny,
Thank you for your post - and please, definitely, keep us informed of your progress.
I, too, am considering radiation and am always anxious to hear of other's experiences.
God bless and best wishes!

sunny:
Thank you Janey. :)

I finished my treatment today and will write an update here this weekend.
Have to admit, I feel very good. Normal, even.

Good luck to you with your decision making.
Just keep researching until you feel comfortable with your choice.

sunny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version