Author Topic: eye lid twitching  (Read 4316 times)

bikerguy

eye lid twitching
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:08:12 am »
hi everybody, just wondering if my 2.2mm acoustic neuroma could be causing my eye lid to twitch? and could someone tell me where to find the place (hospitol) that takes your mri for another opinion. i know theres a forum on here  , but cant find it.thanks!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: eye lid twitching
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:22:21 pm »
Hi bikerguy .....

I just want to clarify something ..... is your AN 2.2mm or 2.2cm(22mm)?  It is unusual to use decimal points with mm since mm are already so tiny.  If it is 2.2cm I don't think your doctors would be "blowing you off."  The exact position/place where the AN is growing ..... in addition to size ..... has a lot to do with what kind of symptoms a patient has.

Although eyelid twitching is not a typical symptom of an AN, anything is possible.  That is a question for your doctor I think.

There are various places around the country who will do free evaluations, based on looking at a copy of your MRI CD.  Where you send copies of your MRI somewhat depends upon what type of treatment you ultimately consider.

My top places would be (but there are many others, as well):

http://acousticneuroma.keckmedicine.org/
https://www.houseclinic.com/consultation/acousticneuroma
https://med.stanford.edu/profiles/steven-chang
http://www.neurosurgery.pitt.edu/person/dade-lunsford

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

bikerguy

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:51:42 am »
hi clarice, first mri aug.2014 said,very small 2mm area of enhancement in the region of the right 8th cranial nerve suspicious for a small AN (VESTIBULAR SCHWANNOMA)          .2nd mri april 2015 - again noted is a 2.2 x 1.8mm focal area of asymmetric enhancement in the lateral superior aspect of the right internal auditory canal. it may reflect a vestibular schwannoma in view of patients symtoms.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 12:57:00 pm »
That is indeed a very small area of suspicion.  If I were you I would send a copy of my MRI CD to Dr. Rick Friedman at USC/Keck Medicine.  He would give you a very AN experienced evaluation on whether he thinks it is truly a vestibular schwannoma or not.  If it is and you are having very life-impacting symptoms, you may want to seek treatment sooner rather than later.

As you know, ANs typically are very slow growing and yours is very small so you have time to do your research and explore all options (wait and watch, radiation, or surgery).

Best thoughts .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

bikerguy

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:26:20 am »
thanks clarice,

thanks for all the info. i am contacting the keck medicine hospital today so they can read the mri. one other thing, i had a vng done sept. of 2014, results were 34% unilateral weakness in the right ear with normal limits of directional preponderance. any idea of what this is about? its very upsetting to not have a definite diagnoses! all this ringing in my ears is driving me nuts. i work in a factory driving towmotor, work around machinery and climbing up and down ladders . some nights are hard with this foggy feeling in my head. i am 55y.o. and was thinking about early retirement, but at 55 , the little bit of money wont pay the bills. i also have long term disability insurance, but am afraid it would open a can of worms and be sorry i ever applied for it. thanks for letting me vent. if anyone on here has any suggestions, feel freee to chime in!