Author Topic: Pre-Diagnosis Symptoms  (Read 4407 times)

Kar3n

Pre-Diagnosis Symptoms
« on: May 16, 2015, 12:34:18 am »
Hi Everyone, What were everyone's pre-diagnosis symptoms? Anyone experienced cramping sensation above their effected ear, neck/muscle pain or start to experience dis-organisation and dyslexia type symptoms? I am awaiting a MRI for sudden dis-equilibrium along with other symptoms of occasional tinnitus and fullness feeling in my left ear. I had a CT scan for the cramping sensation about 10 years ago that showed nothing (the sensation has remained). I'm trying not to think the worst but very scared... Any information will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Janey

Re: Pre-Diagnosis Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 08:24:56 pm »
Hi Kar3n,
Like so many of us, my pre-diagnosis symptoms included tinnitus, hearing loss, ear fullness,
balance issues.  I also occasionally feel as if my neck aches on the AN side, and experience times when it's difficult to concentrate.  My AN is still small - I am on watch and wait for a few more months.  I do hope your MRI results confirm good news.

TNMTMAMA

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »
My hubby had the tinnitus, some balance & concentration issues. ALSO, he has had (what I call) SEIZURES. They began in 2013 and have occurred about every 7 months in the same exact way. He feels nauseous, throws up, passes out, eyes "set" like a dead person. He is out anywhere from 3-10 minutes. When he comes back into consciousness, he is usually alert soon after the episode. Has ANYONE had these same symptoms? We are only 6 days out from surgery and NOW the doctors are thinking he has heart issues. (Note: He has passed all heart tests with flying colors.) It seems that AN's are very unique to each individual, so I need some input on this subject. Are we "barking up the wrong tree" by agreeing to AN surgery?  ???

alabamajane

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »
Hi,
I too had seizures before surgery. In fact, that is how my AN was diagnosed,, through MRI for my first seizure. Dr. came back and said ," don't know why you are having seizures, but you do have a brain tumor"! Imagine my surprise! That was 7 years ago, had about 8 total over a three yr period before I had surgery in 2011. To this day, neurologist says they aren't related. But I never had seizures until this tumor came along. So,,,,,, yeah I think they can be related...but I'm no Dr. However,,, I don't think all Drs know "a lot" about these tumors  either.

I had a similar "episode" as your husband. Not a lot of tremors as usual seizure,, mostly a "sense" it was going to happen, a vertigo type dizziness, even if sitting, and poof,,,out I'd go..usually only lasted a few minutes if that and I'd come out of it. I never vomited though,, but did have the open eye stare.
No one suggested heart problems for me.. I have a healthy heart though as documented by cardiologist.

Does sound similar to mine. But few others have mentioned it on here,, if any that I can remember.

Good luck,, I don't know either whether you are "barking up the wrong tree" with surgery,,, have you had a second opinion for the surgery?? There are several Dr.s who will give free phone consults if you send a copy of MRI .... just a thought. ... 
Let us know how  he does,,,,,   Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26