Author Topic: Group outing  (Read 2366 times)

feline

Group outing
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:52:25 pm »
Went bowling with 25 coworkers went for support not that I would bowl with one eye sutured 1/2 closed and balance somewhat off but as they were having a good time drinking, bowling etc I realized maybe I should not have gone so when I left before it was over I cried a bit realizing I was angry or frustrated with myself that I did not participate is this a normal reaction to have? In the future I can't see me putting myself in this situation again. Any thoughts? Or I am just a baby.
Walnut size AN removed on June 30 2014 at Stanford with Dr Chang and Dr Blevins facial paralysis, no blink ,no hearing but otherwise feel good otherwise

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Group outing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:45:31 am »
Hi feline .....

First of all, you are most definitely not a baby!!  There are adjustments we all have had to make in our daily living ..... most temporary, some permanent.  Since we all are unique it is different for everyone.  The permanent adjustments might include dropping certain people from our "friends list" who are not understanding of our need to recover at our own pace and cut us some slack when it takes awhile.

That being said, it takes our brains longer to heal from surgical invasion than it does other body parts.  We may look perfectly normal on the outside, but still healing/adjusting on the inside.

Being with caring friends and/or family is vital to our emotional healing so please do not isolate yourself from opportunities to be with them.  You just need to find those times that would be best for you.

Bowling ..... at least for me ..... would be problematic on two levels, noise and watching bowling balls roll down multiple lanes.  Those are hitting two of our major healing issues at once.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011