Author Topic: back to work  (Read 2600 times)

MMusella

back to work
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:42:54 pm »
I started back to work ..first week 60 hours.. I knew I would have to be on my A game.. (and I was).. I feel great, no headaches at all and I have the energy I haven't had in a long time..I never realized how crappy I felt before the surgery, and realize how great I feel now!!! I don't look back, only forward and I wouldn't have changed a thing..I wish everyone a smooth recovery and to get back on their feet:) goodluck
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

ANGuy

Re: back to work
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:18:11 pm »
All work and no play makes MMusella a dull boy (girl?).  Haha, I'm sure you will find time for play after you get over the giddiness at being able to work a 60 hour week.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

Jill Marie

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:54:46 pm »
Congratulations!  It's great to read that some people do just fine after surgery, in fact, as you say a lot better afterwards.  Hopefully future board members come across your post so they will be encouraged by how well things went for you.  I too hope that you back off the work a bit after a while so you can enjoy having fun and feeling good too!  Take Care, Jill 8) 
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Troutbc

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 07:56:31 am »
Awesome news!! I was happy to see your update every few weeks- maybe I will do the same after my surgery next week! I did hear from my doctors that people with larger tumors (2.5cm +) do tend to recover better and more quickly since their body has already compensated as the tumor grew for so many years without us knowing!! Good luck with your continued recovery.
26 year old female Boston,MA
3cm AN diagnosed 2/13/15. 9.5 hour retrosigmoid surgery in April 2015 with Barker/McKenna

Mimispree

• HUG A NURSE TODAY!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »
Michelle, this is the best news and I'm so happy for you!  I made my first bakery delivery this morning, and although I'm only making my quiches for a local restaurant, I am sure I will be baking more as soon as my vestibular therapy starts kicking my lazy good nerve to compensate for my missing nerve.  Wouldn't you know I'd get a lazy nerve?  I'll catch-up to you!  I hope you stay active on the forum.

Be well,
Michelle (Mimi)
2.8cm Trigeminal Neuralgia tumor removed Translabyrinthine approach on July 31, 2014 at the University of Utah Health Center.
Dr. Clough Shelton and Dr. William Couldwell.
SSD; Right side facial paralysis; Poor right eye sight; Dizzy 24/7; Eyelid implant 02/215; Sense of humor intact.