General Category > AN Issues

Any Interest in a Support Group in Southern Utah?

(1/1)

Mimispree:
I received ANA paperwork to explore creating an ANA support group in southern Utah.  Utah, Nevada (Las Vegas) and Idaho do not have a support group so I'm thinking of starting one and I'd like to see if there are others who would be interested.

Because southern Utah is a vacation paradise, I thought maybe I could combine support and the great outdoors for a multi-day support group once a year.  I love the idea of taking fellow ANers out for AN-friendly hikes, fly fishing and scenic tours.  I even thought volunteers could offer small, informal workshops like plein air painting, writing and photography because I have noticed that my creative side has definitely been put on-hold during my AN experience.  I thought it would be a good way to get to know one another and share experiences we may have ruled out because of our tumors.

Las Vegas would be the closest airport and it conveniently offers the cheapest airfares so maybe even people who already have support groups would be interested in coming to a once-a-year event.

I'm just brainstorming right now, but I decided to put effort in to this because this forum has become so important to me.  I've related this story before, but when my husband told a friend about this forum he said, "I think this is the best use of the Internet I've ever heard of."  I couldn't agree more.

So let me know your thoughts:  Positive & negative.

Thank you,
Michelle

ehedzv:
I think this would be a great idea! I live in Idaho and really wish there was a support group I could physically talk with instead of over the internet. If the support group ever gets approved, sign me up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version