Author Topic: Greetings - returning to the forum  (Read 3886 times)

Keeping Up

Greetings - returning to the forum
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:56:46 pm »
Hello ANA Forum,

It has been a really really long time since I was last here.  Thankfully - nothing new to report.  I was diagnosed 6+ years with a small AN.  I have had several MRIs but no change.  I think my next MRI should be Sept 2015 (2 year gap).  My hearing is a bit worse but that really only bothers my husband.  I have had no episodes of dizziness or weird balance in a few years.  I can't even remember the last time I had the 'fullness' - either it isn't happening or I am just not thinking about it as much.

I will stay in W&W (maybe I will beat Derek ... I started earlier at 37) for as long as I can.  I know by research it could grow - I will re-examine my options if & when required.  It is good to stay up-to-date with options.  Hopefully, I won't have to complete any research for a really long time. 

It is good to see many 'old' names still waiting - it gives me hope.  (NO guarantee but hope.)

Will return to reading the posts.

Ann
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

bethtretrault

Re: Greetings - returning to the forum
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 03:43:10 am »
 :)great news! It gives us all Watch and Waiters hope. Thank-you!
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015

Derek

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 04:36:58 am »
Hi Ann..

So good to see you back on the board and great to know that your decision to W&W is proving successful for you. Keep up the good work!

Best Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 08:02:08 am »
Hi Ann .....

Good to hear from you again ..... and so glad you have nothing new to report.  This news gives others the assurance to take their time in researching when they have a small AN like yours.

Keep an eye on the hearing loss and any new symptoms in case you want to move your scheduled MRI earlier and you should be good to go!

Congrats!  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 10:22:37 am »
Nice to hear your doing well keeping up...  This is always great to hear especially from your fellow W+Wers.  Way to go! Best wishes, Mickey

Sheryl

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:25:47 pm »
Great news Ann - glad you posted an update.  Just one correction - you'll have to beat me before Derek!!  LOL.  I was diagnosed in October of 2001 and have been on W&W since.

Good luck,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W