General Category > AN Issues

pain issues

(1/1)

Warr76:
Good morning!
i'm looking for more info and help with head pain.  I am getting reallly bad headaches and am dependent on my advil and tylenol besides my new Gabapentin that I started a couple of weeks ago.(  I feel like I am going backwards.)
I take the 2Gabapentin 3 times a day and I still get bad pain if I don't keep up with the Advil and Tylenol. I have read the posts about the backlash of the Advil and Tylenol so I am looking for alternatives.
The pain was so bad this am that I took an Oxycodone. ( I did this yesterday but I thought the pain was because I tried to stop a sneeze. Yikes) I have not taken oxycodone at all for the past 10 days except for yesterday.
   I am almost 11 weeks out for my retrosig surgery, I go back at twelve weeks for my MRI followup and checkup.
  My oxy has finally kicked in this morning.  Now I can see how people get hooked on it.

This is so frustrating as when the docs asked me in the beginning if I got headaches, which I never have, and now this. They recommended the retrosigmoid surgery because of that.
To me these are not headaches but major head pain that I cannot even describe...
Please someone tell me that it goes away eventually. :-)
I can get through it, just praying that it gets better!

1 cm right side, removed 11/10/14 retrosigmoid surgery at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Mn.
Dr. Link and Dr Carlson and Dr. Hughes

:D

Mimispree:
Gabapentin was great at first for the Trigeminal Neuralgia, but stopped helping me with the pain after two or three weeks.  I was then given Carbamazepine which worked better but both made me feel loopy and I hated that.  I hate Oxy and now I only take a low dose of Hydrocodone maybe once a day or once every few days, depending upon my activity level.  I recognize the Hydrocodone is very similar to the Oxy, but my body deals very differently to each and I'm not fighting it.  Very rarely do I need a Hydrocodone more than once a day and if I do, I lie down for an hour or two first and then take a second if needed.  I am counting on all of this pain, or head pressure I call it going away one day. 

I keep reading that patience is the way to go after surgery.  I hope it gets better for you soon however.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version