AN Community > AN Community

employment discrimination for those with AN

(1/1)

been there done that:
Employment discrimination for those with AN
 I was 6 years with my last employer.been out of work for 6 months.. I'm now worried that people won't hire me because of my facial issues.I don't tell prospective employers unless they ask ..Hell I don't even tell doctors unless they ask. Should I be upfront about it??? its been 8 years since my surgery. And is it discrimination is they don't hire me because my face is not perfectly symmetrical??

ANGuy:
What kind of work are you in?  Where I work, no one would even notice.

Soundy:
I used to sub at school my girls went to from K-8th grade. After surgery I can't because some days about 4 hours up is my limit. School board policy won't allow me to sub half days. Most sub days at this school are half where a teacher has an appointment or something they need to do.

When I applied at local Dollar General the women who interviewed me is someone I have known for years and knows my history. She said she could not hire me because I am a fall hazard. Now when I put in applications for part time jobs (and I don't disclose my medical history) it pops up that I am a fall hazard.

Discrimination. And also lets me know big brother is watching through my SS# and I have been flagged

Same woman that originally said that fell at work and was off two weeks with sprained back. Can't say I felt too bad for her and that makes me feel bad about myself. I don't want to become bitter and angry at world over what is my problem. But it surfaces at times

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version