Author Topic: Occlusion effect?  (Read 2838 times)

Steve114

Occlusion effect?
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:31:06 pm »
New Symptom- when I talk, can hear minor reverberation. Anyone experience that? Is it called "occlusion effect"? Thanks

ANGuy

Re: Occlusion effect?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 07:52:25 am »
I think I know what you mean.  It sounds like there is water in your ear, like the sounds is traveling directly through the water to you hearing?  It sounds like a sci-fi sound made with a synthesizer, but only in your AN ear?  If this is what you mean, then yes, I get it.  It comes and goes, but is a pretty rare occurrence for me and only lasts a day or so.

I am certain that it is from my Eustachian tube being clogged as that is what it feels like.  But, all the ENT's I have seen are certain that I have no pressure in my tubes even though I can feel it and they tell me it is from my AN.  I have to figure that they know what they are talking about as they specifically test for pressure with that airbulb squeezy thing puffing air on my ear drum, and it only happens on my AN side, but Benadryl clears it up just like it was congestion.

So, I have strong evidence that it is from congestion, and strong evidence that it is not congestion.  Go figyuh.  And, I don't know what it is called.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

stevee114

Re: Occlusion effect?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 10:28:58 am »
Thanks for comments. Weird stuff. Change is not how I hear others, just how I hear myself. Will see if it goes away.