Author Topic: anyone diagnosed with an AN while having cancer  (Read 3503 times)

trishy222

anyone diagnosed with an AN while having cancer
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:14:11 pm »
I was diagnosed with lung cancer after a CT showed a tumor in my head. The tumor was diagnosed as an acoustic neuroma and I had gamma knife procedure done. The fact that I had lung cancer which had spread to my lymph nodes of course it is really hard to not be afraid that the tumor is actually a metastic tumor from the lung.

been there done that

Re: anyone diagnosed with an AN while having cancer
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 09:30:28 pm »
I do n't think they should call AN a 'tumor'.It's to generic Of a term.

staypoz

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:49:52 am »
trishy222, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer six months after I had my AN removed and worried that there was some kind of connection between the two tumors, which there wasn't.  I am not a doctor, but as I understand it, by definition, an acoustic neuroma is a benign tumor.  You should talk to your doctors.   Hopefully, they will be able to relieve your mind. 

staypoz 

trishy222

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 09:49:47 am »
Thank you for your posts. I have talked with several doctors. I have to remember to not worry but to put my faith in God. I think the "unknown" is the factor here, not having it removed I am told by my Neurologist that there is no way to know if in fact it was cancer or not without a biopsy. I will have to just accept that.