General Category > AN Issues

Robotic hearing sound

(1/1)

fairwynne:
Hi! I was diagnosed with a small AN in my cochlea about 1.5 years ago.  I am in the WW stage at this point but noticed that the small amount of hearing I have left is starting to sound robotic.  Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be an indication that the tumor has grown?  I go back in March of 2015 for another MRI to see where things stand.  Just wanted to see if others have had this issue.

arizonajack:

--- Quote from: fairwynne on November 25, 2014, 08:33:26 pm ---Hi! I was diagnosed with a small AN in my cochlea about 1.5 years ago.  I am in the WW stage at this point but noticed that the small amount of hearing I have left is starting to sound robotic.  Has anyone else had this problem?
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's what put me on the road to discovering my AN.

--- Quote from: fairwynne on November 25, 2014, 08:33:26 pm ---Could it be an indication that the tumor has grown?
--- End quote ---

Yes, it could.

My AN hearing was 90% gone when I was diagnosed and completely gone 6 months later when I had my second MRI and the tumor had grown by 20%.

--- Quote from: fairwynne on November 25, 2014, 08:33:26 pm ---I go back in March of 2015 for another MRI to see where things stand.

--- End quote ---

If your first MRI was 1 1/2 years ago I suggest you have another ASAP.

PaulW:
Yes, I had that for a while. Fortunately it went away...
Does it mean the AN is growing, maybe, maybe not....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version