General Category > AN Issues

My sister had an AN over 30 years ago and now my daughter has one!

(1/1)

Neskew:
I thought they were not genetic. Also my sister at hers operated on at Huntington Memorial in Pasadena and the doctors told us that my daughter's is in a dangerous place and no doctors in our area can do the operation. We just want to see a doctor who can help us. She is very dizzy all the time.
Thanks for your help and input.

CHD63:
See my reply to your other post.

There is a genetic possibility if someone is diagnosed as having NF2.  Given your daughter's young age, you should tell consulting doctors that your sister also had an acoustic neuroma 30 years ago.  They may want to do genetic testing.  Chances are it is just a coincidence, but her doctors should know this information when looking at her MRI.

Clarice

Neskew:
Hi,
They said it is not genetic.

SharonMorin:
I had an AN diagnosed on my right side last July and surgery 1/28/14 to remove it.  In June I had the BAHA implant and that is remarkable! Since then my Brother (1 year older) has been diagnosed with an AN on his left side and has had radiation 2 months ago.  We both had our treatments at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore MD.  They have a wonderful Team of Doctors there.  These Doctors treat patients of any age.  Our Doctors feel it could be genetic and we are to watch our Children and Grand-children if they should present with any of the same symptoms to get it checked early.  I see there is a genetic study out of Yale University but I haven't completed it yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version