Author Topic: Essiac Tea  (Read 3178 times)

laura12

Essiac Tea
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:30:16 am »
I was diagnosed with Acoustic Neuroma in 2011 and had surgery which was very successful.  Not even hearing loss.  Unfortunately, I had another MRI recently and they noticed my tumor is growing.  I have met with my Neurosurgeon and Radiologist last week and decided to wait 6 months and if it still grows, to do surgery.  I have started taking Essiac Tea hoping that it will shrink my tumor. However, I just searched the internet which advised not to use it for Brain Tumors.  Does anyone have any experience with Essiac or Flor-Essence tea for Acoustic Neuroma?

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Essiac Tea
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:35:46 pm »
Hi laura12 .....

Welcome to this forum of caring, supportive new friends.

I do not personally know anything about Essiac Tea, other than what I just googled and found essentially the same information you stated.  That being said, there are many of us who would very much like to find a "natural" or "organic" way to get rid of our tumors.  Personally, I am afraid to try experimental herbs/drugs that have not been proven as safe.  Naturally and organically grown foods I am OK with and have embarked on a largely vegetables/meats/fruits diet.  I feel much better but do not know if it would have any affect on a tumor.

Three years ago I experienced a regrowth of my acoustic neuroma and had it surgically removed a second time.  My situation is a bit out of the norm because of the huge doses of radium I received as a kid.  I am skeptical about adding more radiation to my head (even though in much smaller doses) for treatment.

My latest MRI (one year ago) still shows a "smidgen" of something and it is being monitored.  So, I fully understand your situation.

Again, welcome .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011