Author Topic: Extreme head pain after bending over  (Read 5293 times)

beverlycollins

Extreme head pain after bending over
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:38:18 pm »
Does anyone else have extreme head pain after bending over. I have been suffering from headaches and it is worse if I bend over and stand back up. The Dr says that it is because of the pressure change. Does this ever go away?

staypoz

Re: Extreme head pain after bending over
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:42:11 pm »
Soon after my surgery I began to experience pain such as you are describing.  I called it "elevator pain" because it occurred when I was getting up.  It soon went away.  I still occasionally experience pain when changing positions, but couldn't tell you why I do some days and not others.   

staypoz

beverlycollins

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I am 3 months post op and most of my head hurts all the time but it is worse when I bend over and stand back up. I went to see my neurosurgeon last week and he is sending me to 2 other drs this week. The dr gave me a shot in my head but it didn't help.

carlellis

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:31:13 pm »
My retro sig surgery was October 7th, two weeks ago. Surgery went well. But I've had basically nonstop headaches since coming home. The morning is the worst and then towards evening they get bad again. Tylenol or pain pills no longer seem to work. Any sudden movements seem to bring them on stronger, including bending over.