Author Topic: Tingling or Slightly Shocking Feeling?  (Read 2656 times)

seandimom

Tingling or Slightly Shocking Feeling?
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:41:02 am »
HI all, I had my retrosig surgery last June 18th.  I lost quite a bit of hearing on the right, but am regaining balance pretty well due to walking as much as I can.  My dizziness has subsided but I do notice it when tired or stressed.  I have a strange symptom though, and will talk to my docs about it next month:  I have started to use the elliptic trainer a bit (like 20 minutes) and both towards the end of that workout, or when I get startled/upset (like a sudden noise, or sometimes when son/husband arguing sudden/loud), my head tingles or feels like shocking/static electricity!  It's not a real strong or intense feeling, more like tingling or prickling, usually along the back of my head where the surgery was, sometimes other places too.  Seems obvious that it's stress related... but...Anybody else had this??  Thanks, Seandimom

v357139

Re: Tingling or Slightly Shocking Feeling?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 08:04:54 pm »
I have not had that.  Best to ask the doc like you are planning to.  Maybe take it a little easy on the elliptical, and give yourself some more time to heal.  Best of luck.
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

ANnIdaho

Re: Tingling or Slightly Shocking Feeling?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:04:34 am »
Hi

I know this post is old but I was wondering how you are doing with the strange tingling etc. I am newly diagnosed with a 1cm AN and that is my most notable symptom and am wondering if it does come from anxiety?
3/3/2015 MRI 9.2mm x 5.4mm AN discovered
Removed Middle Fossa 9/22/2015 by Dr. Friedman Keck Medcial Center. Hearing preserved! Doing great.  If you'd like more details as to surgery/recovery feel free to visit my caringbridge.org website @ http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sayonaraschwammy