Author Topic: My FRT story  (Read 2675 times)

coinman

• A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
My FRT story
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:53 am »
I finished my Fractional Radiation Therapy for a 2.0 cm Acoustic Neuroma at Jefferson University Hospital on 12/05/13. I had 26 treatments and continued to work full time the entire time. I did have some nausea half way through treatment that I needed to take steroids for. It has been 9 months and two MRI's since finishing treatment. I had on MRI 3 months after radiation and one 6 months later.
The tumor has not grown and shows some slight signs of shrinkage. I have now been upgraded to 1 year MRI/watch. The loss of hearing in my left ear the tinnitus and some balance issues are reminders that will never go away, but I live my life the way I always have hoping to move on from here.
2.1 cm left side
hearing loss , tinnitus, some balance issues
FSR 26 treatments  ending 12/05/13.

sandyinwisconsin

Re: My FRT story
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:34:36 am »
I started my 26 treatments around the time you ended.  I never skipped a beat.
I still have the same amount of hearing. No balance or facial issues.  I had my 6 month
MRI and the doctor was pleased.  There was no growth and it was spotted with black dots
showing that it's dying. 

I'm not going to brag too much because my saying is "I'M NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET."
I still have it in my head and I still have to go back every year for MRI's.  I also could end
up having surgery - which is my biggest fear.

I'll be back in Fall of 2015 with another update.  In the meantime, I'm telling a lot of
people on this forum about my experience and this option they may possibly have.   

Sandy
1 cm AN deep in the boney canal.  Treated with 26 treatments of radiation in December, 2013.  Please pray with me that this worked.

coinman

• A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
Re: My FRT story
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »
Sandy I'm very glad your treatments had a favorable outcome. I know what your talking about "not out of the woods yet" .This is something that hangs over our heads for the rest of our lives. I wish you all the best in the future,good luck and may God bless. 
2.1 cm left side
hearing loss , tinnitus, some balance issues
FSR 26 treatments  ending 12/05/13.