Author Topic: Forever Changed!  (Read 4163 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Forever Changed!
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:25:38 am »
To All,

There is not one waking minute, where I am not thankful to have gone through this journey!!! That may seem like a lot, when you think of it, it really isn't!

People will have different symptoms and must realize that while an AN brain operation isn't easy to go through, it does at one point end and life goes on.......This maybe quite simplistic to say but it has been my light at the end of the tunnel. the main reason I am sticking around at the end of the "proverbial tunnel" is so that I can shine a light and tell all the newbies heavily involved in the research, stuff like being anxious about not knowing the results and all the waiting and watching that you might be going through, is worth it. Simply because you are here, we can guide you through this and YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Yes, there will be a period of otherness that you will go through, but fear not it will make you better, more appreciative if you will.

Once you realize this, that you have been chosen by medical circumstances, you will be forever changed in a good way! You may be able, as I was to make a change for the better and through describing your nightmare and thus affect others who maybe going through the similar changes.

if you are encouraged by my words.......PAY IT FORWARD FOR SOMEONE ELSE! It feels good!

Mike
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:51:21 pm by MDemisay »
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

Re: Forever Changed!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:06:08 pm »
 ;DDid I say nightmare..........I meant to say "adventure in discovering patience" sorry, for many as it was for me, initially, it seemed like an internal storm! As I look back on it, from a respectful distance of 2 years, as now, I have adapted. For all of you travellers, I wish you "calmer seas"!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

v357139

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 07:35:30 pm »
Mike,
Thanks for all your help to me.  Glad you are doing well.
Rich
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

millie

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 06:37:53 pm »
Several  days after I got home from my trans lab at NYU I reached out to you.  I was close to despair and I could barely type. You were here on the computer in almost immediate response.  What would I have done without you? No one  with me understood.  You said it would get better.   It did.  It's been almost two years and and no sign of the evil little friend that wreaked so much havoc in my auditory canal.  I have some side effects but I am here and have a pretty good life( barring the usual nonsense that would have interrupted it anyway.)
Thank you, Mike.  Thanks for the reminder it is better to be brave and carry on if we have the opportunity…nothing stays the same and we have to rise to the challenge.  And "if we are true to form our stature touches the skies."  Not easy.  But what choice do we have?
Thanks for the courage.

Blessings,

Millie

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 03:23:24 pm »
Dear Millie and Rich,

I am very happy to have affected your lives each in a positive way, remember to stay positive and relief will come, it takes a great deal of will power to see the light at the end of the tunnel but it is there! Prayer and meditation worked for me (and the Help of the Prayer Warriors!)

Perhaps, the greatest thing of all was learning to Slow Down and recognize Yellow Flags and take a moment to realize that this is but a teeny tiny test that you (with the help of skilled doctors) will pass with flying colors (doing barrel rolls) as you go!

Be well,

Mike