Author Topic: Pulsating sound  (Read 2903 times)

Cheesecake

Pulsating sound
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:10:42 pm »
I had an AN resection June 20, with CSF leak repair, July 3, 2014.  I feel as if I am recovering well , despite 2 surgeries.  But, the pulsating sound that they said I might get, and have experienced sporadically since the AN surgery, seems to be more frequent.  I keeps me awake at night.  I do not have a headache with it, but sometimes do get headaches, which I have been told are normal.  I see the neurosurgeon in a week.  But, it's the weekend now, and I was wondering about other people's experience with this pulsating.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Pulsating sound
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:12:32 pm »
Hi Cheesecake and welcome to this forum .....

I am glad you are going to see your neurosurgeon in a week.  He/she should be able to answer your questions, especially in light of the fact you had the CSF leak.

I did not have a CSF leak, but I still experienced the pulsating sound.  In my case it is part of the tinnitus (ringing/noises) I have had since my first surgery.  I notice it more when I have had too much caffeine or am very tired and/or stressed.

Let us know what your doctor says.

Thoughts and prayers.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Cheesecake

Re: Pulsating sound
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:10:59 am »
Thank You Clarice! 
I will let you know what the neurosurgeon has to say.  I hope the pulsating lessens, as I would like to fall asleep easier.  I am scheduled to go back to work part time in less than a month.  I hope it's not permanent, but I am beginning to realize that so many things with AN surgery are.  I wished my doctors had made that clear, but I am confident that I will be able to adjust and live a "normal" life again.