General Category > AN Issues

Husband just diagnosed with AN-Southeast MO

(1/1)

ConcernedWifeWendy:
Anyone know of doctors in Missouri?  Is there somewhere I can go/contact for resources for caregiver/me and my husband?  What should I ask??  So many questions.

CHD63:
Hi Wendy .....

In addition to recommendations by your local physician and medical friends, take a look at this from the anausa.org web page:  https://www.anausa.org/resources/medical-resources/physicians-directory

The ANA does not give recommendations for physicians, but the doctors listed have met their criteria for experience in treating ANs.

Also check out this list of questions for physicians:  https://www.anausa.org/pretreatment/questions-for-your-physician

Best wishes.  Clarice

cassie:
I had my sugery with Dr. Zipfel at Barnes St. Louis. He seemed to be very knowledgable. I did, however, experience alot of facial paralysis, but that could be because the tumor was almost 5cm. Him and his staff do alot of these ANA's there. I wish you and your husband all the best. Maybe I will see you at an ANA meeting soon. Take care.

michelej:
Hello Wendy,
I am sorry about your husband. How big is his tumor and does he have hearing loss? I just last Thurs had a translab excision of my AN which was about 2 cm and stuck onto the brain stem. I had an approx. 8 hour surgery at the University of Iowa by Dr. Gantz who is experiencaed by about 30 years. He did a great job, got all of it we believe and maintained my facial nerve. My side is weak when I try to smile etc. right now but I don't look any different. Everything is still swollen so what do you expect? Had surgery on Thurs, went home on Sunday. Never got anything but Tylenol for the pain and am doing well. My right eye is dry but not horribly. I am also 52 and menopausal so that is not surprising either. A bit of time will hopefully heal the asymmetry in my smile. I was very pleased with him and he had people come from FL to see him. Worth checking into. Today I did some laundry, cleaned the bathroom, made cookies, got my stomach stitches out, and went for a walk after I showered and did my hair. Everything is not always horrible. I am really sorry I read up on all the stories I did. Good luck. Let me know if you want or need anything.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version