General Category > AN Issues

Anyone have pressure/fullness in ears?

(1/2) > >>

ilenav:
I am newly diagnosed with Acoustic Neuroma and am trying to figure out if this pressure I have in my ears is related to the tumor or something else.  It comes and goes but it feels like I have water in my ears and kind of like they need to pop.  It will last a little while and then it clears.  It is very uncomfortable.  Anyone have something similar to this?

Echo:
You mention "ears" in your post, do you have the pressure feeling in both ears or just your AN ear?

The pressure feeling you describe is a symptom that I had in my AN ear that would come and go very randomly during the year after my diagnosis.   About 5 months post Gamma Knife it was very bad for about a week and then it disappeared and has not returned during the following 5 months.

Cathie

LakeErie:
Fullness in the ear is a common symptom of AN's. Sometimes treatment alleviates the pressure and fullness, sometimes it does not. If it remains after treatment, we get used to it and it is less noticeable.
A unilateral AN does not cause the symptom in both ears.

ANGuy:
I get fullness in my AN ear.  I was just diagnosed with a 1cm AN and am still weighing different options, so I haven't had any treatment yet.  All of my AN symptoms fluctuate from darn near zero to pretty darn annoying.  Tinnitus, fullness bordering on pain,  quality/quantity of hearing, and balance are my symptoms and they come and go, sometimes even in the same day.

MG:
Hi!
 I have the exact same symptoms  as ANGuy. I find Advil helps me a great deal. I take one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. I am on W&W and will find out on Tuesday if my MRI shows any growth
during the past year. Praying it hasn't grown!

Take care,
MG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version