General Category > AN Issues

My AN has returned

(1/3) > >>

vicki1967:
Has anyone experienced a return of their AN after surgery? I had my surgery in '08 and was told yesterday, after an MRI, that I have another that is 2mx1m. I've been quite depressed, as it took me 2 full years to recover from the first surgery.

hendi51:
My husband has his tumor removed in 2011 and was told today an MRI showed another mass. We have appointment with neuro the 28th of this month.

Kkento:
I was operated on in November of 2004, and my AN is also growing back, it is approximately 4mm and my ENT indicated that even though it is 10 years, he thinks it is too soon for it to be growing back. I had a small AN (approx 8mm) but was told that my symptoms were very large for such a small tumor. It was removed using the subocciptal approach, and I lost hearing in my right ear, tinnitus got worse and my balance which the doctors thought would come back to at least 90%+ actually never did. So now they may want to use the Gammna knife, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the knife was successful, and are there any side effects. I was told back in 2004 that there was not enough long term data to take the chance of using the Gamma knife, it was unclear at the time what the long term effects would be. I would like to thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
Sincerely

elsie:
Hi, all,

My AN has returned - after 25 years - which my doctor initially said was impossible.  Go figure - 10 years too soon - 25 years, too long?  I have one forming at 3.5mm and another one at 9mm.  A doctor at House said that the odds of return after this long are so infinitesimally small that they are less than .0001 in a million.  How special!

All doctors have said that I should do watch and wait and then Cyber Knife if necessary.  Don't know if this is due to my age now (61) or something else.  Surgery would be my preference as I want it out, but the risks may be too high. 

It really threw me for a loop initially when I got the firm diagnosis in January, but learning to live with it now.  If you work on it and get involved with as many things as possible, the anxiety does recede.

Kathleen_Mc:
my regrowth was found approx. 7 years post op, it continued to grow and I had another surgery to remove it......it happens!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version