Author Topic: Possible regrowth of tumor and now having symptoms on the other side  (Read 2828 times)

Barbiedoll

Hello.  My husband had a large acoustic neuroma removed in 1994.  He had a lot of post-op complications.  The spinal fluid kept leaking from his nose and then his ear.  He had a total of 4 surgeries.  Meningitis twice.  It was the worst 4 months of my life. He is totally deaf on the left side and facial paralysis.  The past 3 years he has been having symptoms.  He was told in 2012 that they were measuring something on the left side again.  His MRI in 2013 showed no change in the size.  He is now having symptoms on the right side of hearing loss and tinnitus, especially pulsatile tinnitus.  With all of the research I have done, I am wondering if he could have been misdiagnosed and if he possibly could have Neurofibromatosis 2.  He is scared to death to have another MRI but he is scheduled to have one tomorrow.  His local ENT retired the end of 2013 and his neurosurgeon has since retired.  Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?
1/94 Lt AN rem.
2/94 Meningitis, CSF leak out of the nose
2/94 Lt mastoidectomy
3/94 Staph Infection at harvest site on LLQ.  IV antibiotics
4/94 Repair of mastoidectomy due to continued CSF leak from the nose
4/94  CSF leak from the left ear; meningitis
5/94 Subarachnoid hemorrhage surg again