General Category > AN Issues

two reflections on having an AN

(1/1)

maryanddavidsmith:
I was watching a rerun of the television show The Waltons.  It was one of the later ones.  A new teacher was in town and apparently had some dizziness.  She finally let on that she had an Acoustic Neuroma and was going to die in a few months.  As I sat back and reflected that she said she was going to die, I think how lucky I am that medicine has really progressed.  For those who don't know the show it came on in the late 70's and early 80's.  The show portrayed the 1940 era. 

Second thought is I recently had a bad ear and sinus infection with a fever.  I was such a whiner I realized if that I don't have the stamina and patience for a fever and infection.  I was definitely going to be a bad patient if I had surgery.  I think its a done deal. I am thinking of going ck radiation/

Mary

john1455:
Check out You Tube for more information on Cyberknife, Gamma Knife, as well as the various surgical procedures. Those videos by patients and their experiences of their treatment choice will help guide you in selecting the option that is best for you. Just type "acoustic neuroma" in the search box and you will be presented with a wide variety of videos. Don't forget to read www.anausa.org==>Overview==>Treatment options too if you haven't already. The more you know, the better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version