AN Community > AN Community

the end of a miserable February------finally! coldest day of the year 2/28/14

(1/2) > >>

MDemisay:
Dear Friends,

I don't know about the rest of you but this February has been a **** buster for us along the Atlantic coast!!!

Quite frankly, I put away my snowblower several seasons ago (2004 to be exact  I have had more than a few falls with broken digits) and have been blessed by not so bad winters ever since, in that every season, I hire a private contractor to take the snow away. Excepting, (of course) for this winter which has been a record breaker in terms of total snowfall. My word, even Southern states like Georgia have been nonplussed with all this cold weather ( I can imagine the price of peaches going up as there will be few to meet demand!)

It is my fervent hope that you all have been keeping safe  and warm as we all suffer from a slight imbalance and don't need ice to make it more easy for us to fall comical though it must be for every body else that sees us!

Whoever coined the term March comes in like a lion but goes out like a lamb, this season may have to change that, though let's hope not, for sanity's sake!

I'm sick of the white stuff!

Warm thoughts for the weekend!

Mike

leapyrtwins:
Winter in Chicago has been no picnic this year - extreme cold (repeatedly) and lots more snow than we're used to.

Hang in there,

Jan

Echo:
It was minus 17 degrees Celsius this morning when I started the car to drive into work!  We've had the coldest winter here in Toronto in 20 years.  I'm ready for spring!!!

Cathie

Soundy:
Two weeks ago we had a high of 7* one day and it hit 68* two days later. Freezing rain shut school down yesterday. Miserably cold and windy today . But suppose to be pleasant tomorrow whatever that means.

What happened to the good old days when winter came in and then left without this crazy above normal highs ( for us anyway) one day and abnormal low a day or two later. I am ready for spring to stay.

Jim Scott:
Yes, it's been a tough winter for a majority of the nation, including drought in California, unusual and thus unexpected snow and ice storms in the south and abnormally cold temperatures with more snowfall than normal in the middle and eastern parts of the country.  I live in New England and we're used to hard winters and erratic weather.  This one has just been a bit more severe.  However, that doesn't make the nasty winter weather any easier to endure, just more familiar and a bit less daunting when you know how to prepare for and handle it when the snow and bitter cold arrive.  Still, like most folks living east of the Continental Divide, I'm looking forward to spring and the end of the cold and snow. 

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version