Author Topic: Trigeminal Neuralgia and AN  (Read 3162 times)

js13

Trigeminal Neuralgia and AN
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:55:15 pm »
Hi.  My husband, 43, was diagnosed with severe trigeminal neuralgia, which led to MRI and a diagnosis of a 3.0 cm acoustic neuroma.  Surgery is scheduled next week for removal.  Has anyone else experienced severe facial nerve pain?  Did removal of the tumor relieve this pain?  I sure hope so.  So many things I could say, but let's just say the stress and worry levels are high.  Thanks.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia and AN
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »
I can chime in. I developed trigeminal neuralgia 4 years after CK. My AN is smaller than your husbands. I went to House & had retrosigmoid. Dr Schwartz said my AN  has not grown. Could be from radiation effects so he did a MVD type surgery (put a sponge in) & took a small piece of my AN. Google mvd surgery if you don't know what that is. Since my hearing is perfect he didnt want to remove it & chance losing my perfect hearing.  So far so good.. I did havea lot of numbness post op.  Getting better. 

Keep us posted
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Klautt

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia and AN
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 08:43:11 am »
Just wondering if OP has a 5 year follow up, as I am in the same scenario with TN prior to surgery, and now worse TN. Looking for hope.